Jay Shah, the President of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC), recently revealed the schedule for the highly anticipated Asia Cup 2023. The tournament will feature six teams, divided into two groups of three, and will be held across four venues in Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Group A consists of co-hosts Pakistan, India, and Nepal, while Group B comprises Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh. The event kicks off with an exciting match between Pakistan and Nepal on August 30 in Multan, Pakistan. However, the most anticipated encounter of the tournament will be between arch-rivals India and Pakistan on September 2 in Kandy. The grand finale will take place on September 17 in Colombo.
Colombo will serve as the host city for six out of the 13 games, while Multan will host the opening match only. Lahore and Kandy will each host three matches.
Here is the complete schedule for the Asia Cup 2023:
- Pakistan vs Nepal – Wednesday, August 30 – Multan
- Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka – Thursday, August 31 – Kandy
- Pakistan vs India – Saturday, September 2 – Kandy
- Bangladesh vs Afghanistan – Sunday, September 3 – Lahore
- India vs Nepal – Monday, September 4 – Kandy
- Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka – Tuesday, September 5 – Lahore
- A1 vs B2 – Wednesday, September 6 – Lahore
- B1 vs B2 – Saturday, September 9 – Colombo
- A1 vs A2 – Sunday, September 10 – Colombo
- A2 vs B1 – Tuesday, September 12 – Colombo
- A1 vs B1 – Thursday, September 14 – Colombo
- A2 vs B2 – Friday, September 15 – Colombo
- Super 4s 1 vs Super 4s 2 – Friday, September 17 – Colombo
Excitement is mounting as cricket enthusiasts eagerly await the Asia Cup 2023, where top teams from Asia will battle it out for ultimate glory.